Welcome to Innisfree Residential Care Home
Innisfree is a residential care home in Weston-Super-Mare which provides support for the elderly, including those who suffer from the effects of dementia.
We are ideally located close to the seafront in Weston super mare and on the major bus routes through the town.
We are also a short walk from the town centre and within easy reach of Clarence Park. Innisfree has been established as a residential care home for the elderly for over 25 years and provides personal and dementia care for 28 residents.
We pride ourselves on the loving and homely atmosphere at Innisfree, constantly striving to deliver a real home from home environment.
We also offer respite and Specialist Care in: Alzheimer’s • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson’s Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment.
Facilities & Nursing Services include: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access
Contact us today to arrange a visit: 01934 621611
We pride ourselves on the loving and homely atmosphere at Innisfree, constantly striving to deliver a real home from home
We provide residential & specialist dementia care. Our highly trained & dedicated team are committed to providing the highest standards
27 comfortable appointed bedrooms, 25 rooms with en-suites. 2 main lounges – 1 with a TV & the other being a quiet lounge
Our Dementia Care at Innisfree
With around 850,000 people living with dementia across the UK, how we support those affected by this condition is as important as ever. Dementia itself is a description of a range of different symptoms ranging from difficulties with memory loss, confusion, processing information and situations and communicating and can often create changes in mood and behaviour. At Innisfree, our staff team is trained to understand the challenges which someone living with dementia faces and how to best support them. This ranges from how to recognise symptoms linked to the onset of dementia through to how to provide an environment which reduces the stress or anxiety which those living with dementia can experience. Our approach to supporting our residents living with dementia is:
- To create surroundings which help our residents orient themselves to reduce the effect of confusion – examples of this is the use of colour, of familiar items and of signage and pictures with all of these intended to make our residents feel comfortable in their environment.
- To get to know our residents and their lives, helping us to focus on and support them as a person rather than their condition.
- To encourage our residents to maintain as much independence as they are able.
- To build relationships with each and every one of our residents so we can provide care based on understanding, on dignity and their personal choice and preferences for how they chooses to spend their time.
- We recognise that family and friends and accessing the community are vital parts of this quality of life and as such encourage as much involvement as people are able to give.
- This is a short summary of what we offer to provide as great a quality a life as we are able to our residents at Innisfree but if you would like to know more, please feel free to get in touch.
Come and visit our Care Home in Weston Super Mare and see the great facilities and friendly atmosphere.