The Philosophy of Innisfree
At Innisfree, we aim to promote a welcoming, stimulating, & caring environment. Each resident is a person with individual strengths & needs; our philosophy is to promote these strengths & to attempt to meet those needs.
With 24-hour care, we aim to recognise individuals emotional & psychological requirements & to the best of our ability meet them. Through personal choice & with dignity we aim to promote individuality & to encourage the individual to undertake the everyday tasks of daily life, as each is able.
We respect resident’s individual culture & religious beliefs & offer support & understanding at all times. The criteria all staff at Innisfree strives for is to offer safe & secure surroundings with a relaxed & caring atmosphere.
Well-trained staffs are on hand at all times throughout a 24-hour period to assist the resident & to meet their needs as is necessary.
As an organization, we are committed to the following core values:
- Respect & encouragement for every individual.
- Concern for the most frail & vulnerable.
- Excellence in all we undertake.
- Honesty & fairness as the necessary basis of trust.
In addition, we support seven core principles on which we base our care services :
- Privacy We respect and support the rights of individual residents to privacy. The physical structure & operational ethos of our homes preserves individual privacy within the context of a group living or community living experience.
- Dignity The intrinsic value of residents is recognized by respecting their uniqueness & their personal needs.
- Independence Residents are enabled to make their own decisions with the minimum need for reference to others & the residents’ willingness to incur a degree of risk.
- Choice Opportunities exist for residents to exercise choice in as many areas of daily living as possible, taking into account the need to safeguard their welfare.
- Rights Residents are offered the same rights as individuals living in the community, & practices & procedures are in place to safeguard this.
- Fulfilment Residents are able to realize personal aspirations & abilities in all aspects of daily living.
- Spirituality A recognition & facilitation of individual residents spiritual needs in all aspects of daily living.